The PI-1A features a built-in voice activated (VOX) or AC ring activated relay which provides D.P.D.T. contacts for muting background music during paging or to provide an electronic night bell. These contacts are necessary when interfacing with systems such as Panasonic, South Western Bell, Intertel, etc., which do not provide a paging contact closure.
In the event a paging port is not available, the PI-1A can provide talk battery to allow connection of the public address system to an unused line/trunk input on the phone system.
The electronic night bell feature is activated by a standard ringing analog PABX/KSU station circuit or by a common audible contact closure provided by an electronic key system. The ring pitch and volume are adjustable allowing you to differentiate between multiple ringing lines.
- Floating 600 ohm output
- Selectable 22V DC talk battery for interfacing with unused phone system line input/trunk ports
- Paging port interface
- Ringing analog line input for night bell
- Contact closure input for night bell
- DPDT normally open and normally closed VOX activated contacts for cutting out background music
- Adjustable VOX contact time-out
- Adjustable VOX trigger sensitivity
- Adjustable ring volume
- Adjustable ring pitch