Add Two-Way Voice Communication to Your Existing IP Network Camera It is common for IP based network cameras to have two-way audio connections. When this is the case, the MSB-30 can be added to turn your IP network camera into a VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) video phone, allowing both voice and video to stream over the internet. If the camera already has a tiny speaker and microphone, the MSB-30 can be added to get better and louder sounding audio by using the audio input and output connections provided by the camera. The MSB-30 has a microphone, a speaker, and a momentary push button housed in a stainless steel flush mount panel. An optional Viking model VE-5x5 can be used to surface mount the unit to a wall or pedestal.
The MSB-30 line level audio input and output connections can be directly connected to the IP camera’s line level audio output and input connections for two-way voice communications. A built-in 2 watt amplifier powers the internal speaker, and there are volume controls to adjust both the speaker volume and microphone sensitivity. The 2 watt amplifier can be used to power an auxiliary speaker for even greater volume and coverage.
The MSB-30 also has a momentary “CALL” button switch which can provide a momentary contact closure to trigger the IP network camera, or ring a door bell. The front panel blue LED lights continuously to show the unit is powered, and to help identify the “CALL” button location at night. An external contact closure can be used to turn off the blue LED, or simply wire it in parallel with the momentary “Call” button switch to make the blue LED wink off when the button is pressed.
The MSB-30-EWP adds Enhanced Weather Protection (EWP). Use for outdoor installations where the unit is exposed to precipitation or condensation. EWP products feature foam rubber gaskets and boots, sealed connections, gel-filled butt connectors, as well as urethane or thermal plastic potted circuit boards with internally sealed, field-adjustable trim pots. For more information, see DOD# 859.
Use with IP camera to add two-way voice communications for:
- Business entrances
- Residential entrances
- Pedestrian gates
- ATM machines
- Parking lots/ramps
- Vandal Resistant Features: 14 gauge louvered 316 stainless steel faceplate with permanent laser etched graphics, speaker/ mic screen, heavy duty metal “Call” button and hex drive mounting screws
- Weather Resistant Features: Marine grade 316 stainless steel faceplate, screws and push button switch. Switch internally sealed per IP67. Mylar speaker. Self-draining mic mount. Faceplate, mic and speaker gaskets. Weather resistant powder paint on optional VE-5x5 (DOD# 424).
- Volume adjustments for microphone and speaker
- Two watt amplifier to drive speaker
- Power supply included
- Blue LED indicator
- Extended temperature range (-15°F to 130°F)
- Optional VE-5x5 surface mount back box (DOD# 424)
- Optional MSB-1-EWP is designed to meet IP66 Ingress Protection Rating (see DOD# 859 for more information)
- Power: 120V AC/13.8V AC UL listed adapter provided
- Dimensions: Overall: 127mm x 127mm x 57mm (5” x 5” x 2.25”), Plastic Electrical Box: 102mm x
- 102mm x 54mm (4” x 4” x 2.12”)
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 Kg (3.3 lbs)
- Operating Temperature: -26°C to 54°C (-15°F to 130°F)
- Humidity – MSB-1: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Humidity – MSB-1-EWP: Up to 100% condensing
- Connections: Gel-filled butt connectors