High performance, cost effective, mechanical fiber optic splice that is reusable and easy to install for emergency or permanent installations.
The splice features a patented glass capillary alignment tube, pre-loaded with index matching gel, to allow inspection of fiber location during installation.
Additionally, the collet locking nuts allow users to adjust and secure the fiber for optimum alignment and retention.
This US-128 splice is for 125um cladding multimode applications. It accepts any combination of 250um coated and 900um buffered fibers.
Typical splice loss is <0.2dB and return loss <-50dB. US-128 is IBM #33G8227.
- Tunable and reusable
- No fixtures or special tools required
- Uncovered glass capillary allows visual inspection for proper fiber location
- One ULTRAsplice accepts any combination of buffer sizes from 250 to 900micronsLength: 40 mm (1.57 in.)
- Diameter: 5.7mm (0.22 in.)
- Body: 4 mm square (0.16 in.)
- Weight: 0.86 grams each (0.03 ounces)
- Color: Orange