Multilink Sno-Shoe 16" Fiber Optic Aerial Slack Holder SKU 71244K
Designed to be extremely craft friendly, the 10, 16 and 21-inch Sno-Shoes® are capable of handling the higher fiber count cables and longer wavelengths currently being deployed in the Broadband Industry. Sno-shoes® are used to store additional lengths of fiber along the strand for later use. They also act as a safeguard, protecting the minimum bend radius of the fiber optic cable while establishing proper installation practices. The design of the Sno-Shoe® adds greater functionality and flexibility to the overall unit.
- Prevents macrobends in the fiber optic cable.
- Non-conductive body prevents damage to stored cables during lightning or other high voltage conditions
- Molded UV Inhibited plastic body eliminates the cutting hazards presented by metal units.
- Flexible plastic body maintains its shape during aerial strand movements unlike metal units.
- Eliminates the need for costly slack storage vaults in the fiber plant.
- Establishes proper installation practices within telephone and utility regulations.
- Solves spacing problems on the pole.
- Large trough increases cable storage capacity.•Non-conductive, molded plastic body increases overall system reliability by eliminating cable damage from the storage device.
- Flexible plastic body absorbs the rigorous shocks associated with strand movement without becoming permanently deformed like many metal devices.
- Available with strand or ADSS mounting (brackets included).
- User friendly design includes:
- Patented Cable Trough™ design allows the installer to simply lay the cable in the trough, leaving both hands free to secure the cable to the unit.
- Oversized slots along the cable troughs to accommodate either tie wraps or stainless steel bands.
- Non-captive area and the multiple holes throughout the cable trough allow for increased water drainage and reduced ice loading.
- Countersunk nut wells allow easy one tool installation.
- An optional stacking kit is available to accommodate multiple cables.