This unit has been replaced with the ZB545X
The zBoost SOHO Xtreme wireless signal booster for the home or office extends a Cell Zone™ for multiple users and all devices operating on 800 and 1900 MHz frequency bands. The new zBoost Xtreme improves coverage and boosts signal up to 5500 square feet.
- Increases indoor signal coverage-up to 5500 sq ft
- Supports multiple users simultaneously
- Compatible with all U.S. carriers and mobile devices using 800 & 1900 MHz (except Nextel/iDEN or 4G, 2100MHz phones)
- Increases voice and data transmission
- Decreases dropped or missed calls
- Easy to set up – comes complete with everything you need
- No cradle or connections to your phone
- Extends phone battery life (uses less power when signal is stronger)
- Protects the carrier network using patented technology
- zBoost SOHO YX545 amplifier base unit
- Wall mounted internal directional antenna
- High powered, rugged, external antenna
- 50ft RG-6 coaxial cable (external antenna to amplifier)
- 10ft RG-8x coaxial cable (amplifier to internal antenna)
- Antenna mounting hardware
- Power supply
- Instruction manual and 1 year warranty
The package includes everything you need: base unit, base unit antenna, power supply, coaxial cable RG-6 (50 feet), signal antenna and mounting hardware. The omni-directional signal antenna receives signals from multiple cell towers.
Before installing, please note the following important factors in determining your zBoost performance:
- At least 15 vertical feet is needed between the Signal Antenna (receives the outside signal) and the Panel Antenna (rebroadcasts the signal indoors). Separation less than 15 vertical feet will result in decreased performance. See illustration below.
- Keep the Signal Antenna at least 3 feet above any metal.
FIRST: Mount the Signal Antenna. Choose a location for the Signal Antenna using your cell phone to determine the area of strongest signal.
Choose a location for the Signal Antenna using your cell phone to determine the area of strongest signal - typically found outside, above the roofline or in an attic. The antenna must also remain at least 3 feet from any metal. Keep in mind that the coverage zBoost provides is largely determined by the quality of signal received by the Signal Antenna. If your best signal is one bar, your coverage will be limited to one small room.
SECOND: Install the Base Unit and Panel Antenna.
The Base Unit can be easily mounted on a wall by first removing the orange bracket from the Base Unit and using the provided mounting hardware to affix to wall. Connect the Indoor Panel Antenna to the Base Unit using the provided 10’ RG-8 coax.
The Panel Antenna should be mounted on a wall facing the direction where increased coverage is desired. Note that signal is broadcasted in a beamwidth of 70° horizontally and 60° vertically from the front of the Panel Antenna. Keep the Panel Antenna off floor and at least 3 feet away from other cords, metal objects or other wireless devices such as wireless routers or wireless access points.
The zBoost Xtreme performs best when there are no obstructions between the Panel Antenna and your mobile device. The zBoost SOHO Xtreme requires at least 15 feet of vertical separation between the Panel and Signal Antennas. Generally, increasing this distance (up to 40 feet) will increase the performance and decreasing the distance will limit zBoost performance.
THIRD: Run the provided coaxial cable between the Base Unit and Signal Antenna.
Use the provided 50 feet of RG-6 cable to connect the Signal Antenna and the Base Unit. Should you need additional cable length, 15 foot extensions (Part #: YX030-15w) are available. Please note: Cable longer than 65 feet is not recommended.
FOURTH: Connect the zBoost Base Unit to the provided power supply and plug into a power outlet.
When your zBoost system is in place and fully connected, walk throughout your home or office and verify that you are able to reliably place calls. If the signal strength has improved, your zBoost is working. Remember, coverage varies based on outdoor signal level, building construction, and antenna placement. Coverage in adjoining rooms (next to, above, or below) will be reduced by walls and ceiling/floors.
Upon initial power up, a solid GREEN LED should appear indicating normal conditions. If a RED light appears, adjustments may be needed to optimize performance. If you find the increased signal coverage is acceptable, however, no additional adjustments are needed. See LED Indicator section for more information.
Should you desire to improve coverage, you may:
- Relocate the Signal Antenna in order to capture a better signal –higher is usually better.
- Increase the distance between the Base Unit Antenna and the Signal Antenna.
- Purchase an upgrade antenna.