The SA-1S is the self amplified ceiling speaker for use in the new Viking paging system. This speaker can be remotely controlled by SA-IR and is simple to wire with just 2 wires. See the SA-25 for the amplifier that is part of this system.
Infrared Remote Controllable Ceiling Speaker for SA-Series Self-Amplified Paging System
The Viking model SA-1S is an 8 inch paging speaker that has a built in 1.5 watt power amplifier, an infrared remote control detector, and an integrated digital volume control, all built into an attractive off-white grill for flush mounting in office ceilings. The SA-1S self amplified paging speaker uses a proprietary two wire protocol in which both 40 volts DC power and audio are combined on the same pair of wires. It is designed for direct connection to the Viking Model SA-25 Self Amplified Paging Control unit, or use the Viking model SA-X12 expander/adapter to connect it to virtually any existing paging system.
The SA-1S speaker includes an infrared receiver to accept volume control signals from a Viking Model SA-IR remote control. Aim the infrared transmitter at the speaker and press the buttons. The up/down buttons allow users to set the appropriate volume level for each room. The speaker provides an audible “beep” feedback tone to let the user gauge the volume level even when there’s no background music (or page) playing at the time.
- Speakers for Vikings SA-25 paging control unit
- Add to any existing paging system using the SA-X12
- Small business offices
- Doctor’s offices
- Conference rooms
- 8 inch paging speaker
- Built-in 1.5 watt power amplifier
- Infrared remote control detector
- Digital volume control
- Users set their own volume levels to suit the noise levels in the room.
- Allows users to totally mute the speaker
- Audible feedback “beep” to set the proper volume
- Power: Vikings proprietary SA Series 2 wire 40V + audio protocol
- Dimensions: 324mm x 95mm (12.75” x 3.75”)
- Shipping Weight: 1.36kg (3lbs)
- Environmental: 0°C to 32°C (32°F to 90°F) with 5% to 95% non-condensing humidity
- Frequency Response: 150Hz to 5kHz