Netgear Prosafe 48 Port 10/100/1000 Smart Switch Gigabit
- 48 10/100/1000 ports that support 802.3af.
- Advanced features: 802.1x, ACLs, Rate limiting, DSCP/TOS-based prioritization, IGMP Snooping, SNMP v1, v2, v3, RSTP
- Two combination SFP ports for optional fiber connectivity
NETGEAR’s family of Prosafe™ Gigabit Smart Switches is purposely designed for SMB customers with high performance, SMB-oriented features and easy management. With 16 or 24 10/100/1000 Mbps ports, each capable of powering 2000 Mbps of data throughput in full-duplex mode per port, plus two shared SFP ports, the GS716T-200 and GS724T-300 will enable SMB networks to support Voice over IP (VoIP), streaming media, multicasting, security, and many other bandwidth-intensive applications like ERP and large file transfers.
In addition, an intuitive, Web-browser interface offers the simple Smart Switch management, making it a snap to monitor switch performance, configure ports, even set up port trunks, VLANs, and traffic prioritization. Alternatively, use SNMP-based software to manage your Smart Switch. Shipped ready for use straight out of the box, it delivers switching that’s easy to set up and use. NETGEAR ProSafe Smart Switches are ideal for adding basic management to your unmanaged networks or extending your managed networks.
- Up to 70% power savings compared to the non-Green version
- Auto power-down mode saves energy when port is unused
- Cable length detection reduces power usage when network cable is shorter than 10 meters.
Smart Switch capability enables key management features for the value price of an unmanaged switch. Included are performance monitoring, port configuration, VLAN for traffic control, port trunking for increased bandwidth, and Class of Service (CoS) for traffic prioritization.
These Gigabit Smart Switches provide advanced features that provide more robust security to the SMBs. These include:
- 802.1x for authentication
- ACL filtering to permit or deny traffic based on MAC or IP addresses.
Advanced Quality of Service (QoS)
Priority queuing ensures high-priority traffic gets delivered efficiently, even during congestion from high-traffic bursts. Companies implementing network telephony or video conferencing, for example, need to be able to prioritize such voice and video traffic and other real-time applications over less latency-sensitive traffic to ensure reliability and quality. The ability to prioritize traffic ensures quality of latency-sensitive services and applications despite increasing traffic loads. The ProSafe Gigabit Smart Switch provides an extensive set of QoS features:
- 802.1p-based prioritization
- Layer 3-based prioritization
Easy-going and Durable
Simple to set up and simple to use for effortless network monitoring and troubleshooting. Made to last, this sturdy switch is housed in a 17-inch metal box and comes with a rack-mounting kit