Honeywell’s 5806W3 is a 3V battery operated, photoelectronic smoke detector with a built-in wireless transmitter. It facilitates fire verification for false alarm reduction requirements by ANSI/SIA CP-01standards and is intended for use with any of Honeywell’s 5800 Series wireless receiver/transceivers for residential installations. The 5881ENHC or 5883H receivers are required for commercial installations.
The transmitter can send alarm, tamper, maintenance (when control panels are equipped to process maintenance signals) and battery condition messages to the system’s receiver. The maintenance signal fully complies with the sensitivity test requirement specified in NFPA 72, 7-2.2 and is UL approved.
The 5806W3 incorporates a state-of-the-art optical sensing chamber and advanced microprocessor. It also helps eliminate nuisance alarms and virtually eliminates non-billable service calls and fines resulting from false alarms. The microprocessor allows the detector to automatically maintain proper operation at factory calibrated detection levels, even when sensitivity is altered due to the presence of contaminants settling into the unit’s smoke chamber. A removable detector cover and chamber top allows the technician to quickly and easily clean the detector chamber without disassembling the detector head.
Since there are no holes to drill or wires to run, installers can preserve the beauty of the protected premise while protecting it. The 5806W3 is an ideal smoke detector for difficult to wire locations, applications where room aesthetics are critical or where hazardous materials exist.
- Smoothing Algorithms
- Mathematical calculations in the detector’s software that minimize nuisance alarms by smoothing out short term spikes from dust and smoke.
- Smart Check
- A signal is sent to the control panel when the detector requires cleaning. This allows a regular, non-emergency service call to clean the detector before it goes into alarm.
- Drift Compensation
- Virtually eliminates nuisance alarms from long-term dust build-up by automatically adjusting the detector’s sensitivity.
- Removable Detector Cover and Chamber Top
- Provides the technician the ability to quickly and easily clean the detector chamber without disassembling the detector head.
- Approved UL Listings for Residential and Commercial Applications
- Both residential and commercial installation requirements are met.
- Additional LED Status Indicators
- Identifying between alarm or trouble conditions is easier with green and red LED status indicators. The green LED denotes a normal condition while the red LED indicates an abnormal condition.
- Easy-to-install Mounting Base
- The sturdy mounting base allows the detector to be more easily installed on uneven surfaces (i.e. stucco). The mounting base has larger mounting ports to accommodate drywall anchors for easy surface mounting.
- Improved Robust RF Field Strength
- The distance between the detector and receiver has been significantly increased.
- Additional Features:
- Utilizes one long-life 3V lithium battery
- Microcontroller runs on an 4.0 MHz clock
- Horn operates at 3.3 KHz with sound pressure level of 85dBA at 10 feet
- Built-in wireless transmitter, temporal code 3 sounder