Provide guests with Internet access while keeping your network secure.
Now you can easily accommodate guests in your offices, such as consultants, auditors, professional service providers, manufacturing representatives and clients, without burdening your IT administrator with last-minute LAN configuration requests. Simply install the INTELLINET NETWORK SOLUTIONS GuestGate MarK II Wireless 300N HotSpot Gateway, and your visitors will be able to access the Internet from your conference room, office, Internet café, hotel or other accommodations in your facility without compromising the security of your network.
GuestGate MK II offers must-have functions that define a captive portal. You can customize the welcome page by changing the text or uploading a new banner image, or you can change the welcome page completely because we give you full access to the HTML code.
The Walled-Garden functionality allows you to present Internet service to your guests, even if they have not authenticated themselves. Do you want to show the hotel services pages, company directory or special offers to all guests? Walled-Garden is the answer. Thanks to the “redirect after login” function you can forward your guests to a Web page of your choosing; e.g., special offers or your company’s Web site. If you’re worried about the amount of bandwidth the guest users are consuming, you can set a global bandwidth cap for both upload and download speed, thus guaranteeing that the guest network will always leave enough bandwidth for your crucial business applications.
Easy Access, Installation & Configuration
When using GuestGate, there is no need for your visitors to reconfigure their notebook computers in order to access the Internet through your network — simply log in using the company-provided password. Nor is it necessary for your IP administrator to reconfigure your network every time you have a guest. Thanks to its sophisticated IP Plug and Play mechanism, GuestGate automatically adjusts to the guest computer’s TCP/IP settings, making it a snap to accommodate those who need to access the Internet. It also detects the host network’s setting, and in most cases automatically configures the Internet access!
Protect Your Private Network
Using the INTELLINET NETWORK SOLUTIONS HNP Technology, GuestGate MK II prevents clients from seeing the host network, while at the same time allowing them access to the public Internet. Special privileges, such as access to specific servers and printers, can easily be configured as needed while still providing host network protection. For added protection, you can choose to assign your visitor a password for Internet access. You can even limit the amount of bandwidth allowed for the guests, further ensuring that your network is not impacted by the additional users.
Client Isolation: Protect Your Guests’ Computers
Your visitors can rest assured that the security of their notebook computers will not be compromised by strangers; e.g., other guests you may have visiting and accessing your network at the same time. This innovative device protects your GuestGate users by assigning different random networks to each client. This unique client isolation capability is provided through Layer 3 LAN technology, and ensures that no connection between guest computers can be established (even if they are connected via a wireless access point). As if that were not enough, GuestGate also protects the guest computers from unauthorized access through the Internet, helping to prevent their computer from being attacked while connected to the Internet through your LAN.
Wireless Coverage and Speed with Wireless 300N!
The new Wireless-N standard has dramatically increased the overall performance of a wireless network. With speeds up to 300 Mbps and dramatically improved coverage distances, the new Wireless-N technology greatly surpasses that of 802.11g. Should this increased performance still not be sufficient for your environment, you can quickly attach additional access points to GuestGate MK II and increase your wireless coverage without the need for complex configurations.
Scalability and Flexibility
GuestGate MK II can be easily integrated into larger networks. It can be connected to virtually any network port that offers Internet access without interfering with the existing network. If you don’t wish to provide wireless access, or if you wish to continue to use your favorite brand of WiFi gear, you can simply deactivate GuestGate’s wireless function.
Thanks to the integrated 10/100 Mbps LAN switch, you can connect additional switches to GuestGate MK II; e.g., guests can connect to it through Ethernet ports in hotel rooms. And since GuestGate already provides the security mechanisms you need to protect both your own network and your guests, there is no longer a need for VLAN Ethernet switches that are expensive and complicated to set up. Keep it simple and save money with GuestGate MK II.
Simple and Affordable Is Better
The award-winning first-generation GuestGate followed a very straightforward design principle: Keep it simple.
Security devices often overburden the user with complex configuration screens and require solid know-how of networking setups. As a result, more often than not, the setup of proper security either is abandoned at the halfway point or comes with a hefty price tag. In GuestGate and GuestGate MK II, all security settings are preconfigured and activated by default. That means security out of the box at a price you can afford.
- IEEE 802.11b (11 Mbps Wireless LAN)
- IEEE 802.11g (54 Mbps Wireless LAN)
- IEEE 802.11n (300 Mbps Wireless LAN)
- IEEE 802.3 (10Base-T Ethernet)
- IEEE 802.3u (100Base-TX Fast Ethernet)
- Guestports: 4 RJ45 10/100 Mbps data ports
- Guest ports with Auto MDI/MDI-X
- Host port: 10/100 Mbps RJ45 connector
- LAN to WAN throughput: 93 Mbps
- Flash: 16 MB
- Memory: 32 MB SDRAM
- Certifications: FCC Class B, CE, RoHS
- Captive portal
- Welcome page with password option
- Redirect after login
- Walled-Garden functionality provides limited access to unauthorized users to customizable web pages
- Customizable welcome page
- Modify welcome text
- Upload custom banner image
- Unrestricted access to welcome page HTML code
- Bandwidth control
- Global upload bandwidth (from 32 Kbps to 2024 kbps, unlimited)
- Global download bandwidth (from 32 Kbps to 2024 kbps, unlimited)
- Client DHCP modes
- Layer 3 Client Isolation (every user operates in a separate network)
- Standard DHCP mode (all users operate in the same network)
- Host Interface
- Static IP
- Administrator IP address
- Packet filter
- Block individual IP addresses
- Block individual servers
- Block ranges of iP addresses
- Block outgoing ports
- White-list for local IP addresses
- Walled-Garden IP and network addresses and address ranges
- Global guest password on/off
- 50 individual user passwords
- Define valid time for user passwords
- Define maximum amount of users (up to 9) per user password
- Radius server authentication (authenticate users via Radius server in LAN)
- Log functions
- User connection log (tracks log in/log off time)
- User browsing log (tracks server IP addresses and date/time of each connection)
- Download option for logs via webUI
- Time / Schedules
- Define internet access for each hour of the day and each day of the week
- Select time zone
- Scheduled daily reboot to force re-authentication of guest users
- Chipset: Ralink RT3052
- Wireless frequency range: 2.400 – 2.483 GHz
- Modulation technologies:
- 802.11b: Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum (DSSS): DBPSK, DQPSK, CCK
- 802.11g: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM): BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM
- 802.11n: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM): BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM, 64QAM
- Channels: 1 - 11
- Data rates:
- IEEE 802.11b (11 Mbps, 5.5 Mbps, 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps)
- IEEE 802.11g (54 Mbps, 48 Mbps, 36 Mbps, 24 Mbps, 18 Mbps, 12 Mbps, 9 Mbps, 6 Mbps)
- IEEE 802.11n (MCS0-07: up to 150 Mbps)
- IEEE 802.11n (MCS0-15: up to 300 Mbps)
- Output power:
- OFDM: 15 dBm +/- 1 dBm (300 Mbps, 40 mW max.)
- OFDM: 15 dBm +/- 1 dBm (54 Mbps, 40 mW max.)
- CCK: 17 dBm +/- 1 dBm (11 Mbps, 63 mW max.)
- Receiver sensitivity:
- 11n (300 Mbps) MCS0-15: 20 MHz: -73 dBm; 40MHz: -68 dBm
- 11g (54 Mbps) OFDM: -78 dBm
- 11b (11 Mbps) CCK: -91 dBm
- 2 fixed-dipole antennas with 3 dBi gain each
- 2T2R MIMO mode (2 transmitters, 2 receivers)
- WLAN Link/Act
- Guest 1-4 Link/Act
- Host Link/Act
- Dimensions: 157 (W) x 127 (L) x 30 (H) mm (6.2 x 5.0 x 1.2 in.)
- Weight: 0.8 kg (1.7 lbs.)
- Operating temperature: 0 – 40°C (32 – 104°F)
- Operating humidity: 10 – 90% RH, non-condensing
- Storage temperature: -20 – 60°C (4 – 149°F)
- External power adapter: 12 V DC, 1.0 A
- Power consumption: 5 Watts max.
- GuestGate MK II Wireless 300N HotSpot Gateway
- Quick Installation Guide
- Installation CD
- Power adapter
- Ethernet Cat5 RJ45 cable: 1.0 m (3 ft.)