When it comes to copper cable, good splices are absolutely critical to reliable connections—especially with the unprecedented demand that DSL and other advanced technologies exert on networks today. And there’s no better tool for a secure, high-integrity splice than the 3M 710 Splicing Rig.
Based on a ruggedized redesign of the 3M 710 Unipresser Tool, the 3M 710 Splicing Rig is a factory calibrated, low-maintenance tool that makes it fast and easy to create a good splice every time.
- May be used to splice 22/26AWG (0.65 - 0.40 mm) copper conductor cable
- Complete mechanical design, no hydraulic equipment required for splicing
- Completely hand operated.
- Lightweight, aluminum die cast components
- Reliable, few moving parts.
- Tool is color coded for easy pair identification
- Economically cost effective
- 710 tool may be used to splice straight, straight/half-tap and bridge connectors
- Cutting blades are located in the710 tool, not in the connector module. The same straight/half-tap connector may be used for straight or half-tap splicing with the same tool and splice module
- No wire retention guides are required Bat wings and cathedral windows securely hold wires while splicing.
- Conductor group holder positively positions conductor groups in convenient proximity to the module assembly channel for easy cable organization during splicing
- Complete set of maintenance hand tools and mounting hardware is available