3M SLiC Aerial Closure SLIC-3.6X33-SES
The SLiC closure is a single-piece aerial closure easily installed in construction or maintenance situations. The one piece construction permits complete splice access after placement without removal of the closure or bonding from the cables. The closures are free breathing and suitable for straight, butt, and branch splices of non-pressurized communication cables.
Splices are protected by the closure's double-wall molded polyethylene construction. The durable SLiC closure will not crack or break in even the harshest environment. All components are attached to the closure; there are no parts to lose.
Because of its interlocking ends, the SLiC aerial closure can expand to meet any size sheath opening without special kits, eliminating excess inventory. The 2-inch x 29-inch, 3-inch x 33-inch, 5-inch x 33-inch and 7-inch x 33-inch, closures can be extended while maintaining their initial strength. The SLiC Aerial Closure does not require taping, bricking or any special labor-intensive practices. The end seals assure a snug fit on cables and eliminate the need for a drip collar. Neither sealing collars or tape are required when using the SLiC closure.
The two-, three-, five-, seven-, and nine-inch diameter closures feature a universal end seal to handle any plant configuration.
There are six sizes available, accommodating splice openings from 10 inches to 25 inches.
Features and Benefits:
- One piece construction provides easy installation, no loose parts
- Double walled, molded construction resists breaking or cracking
- Interlocking ends are extendable for long sheath openings
- Hanger/bonding system requires no external or additional bonding material
- Quick release latch allows easy reentry
- Attached SR (sheath retention) bracket (only for rigid bond) protects cable sheath pull-out or movement
- One size Spiral Seal fits multiple cable configurations